Re: SATA PMP issue

Hi Mister Heo,

first, thank you so much to have taken the time to answer.

I sure can understand your point, i have spent some time too see what
was supported and what was not and finally, i have equipments that looks
like are not working together.

But on the other hand, it is not easy to try to stick to known working
configurations since, from what i have seen, the chip inside enclosures
are rarely exposed to consumer.

It will probably changes nothing but, i am pretty sure now that this is
not an hardware incompatibility since, i have spent some time yesterday,
doing a FreeBSD install on a spare disk, in one of my computer with the
Marvell 88SE9120 controller and, when i hooked up the Mediasonic
enclosure (which, i finally found out is using a JMicron JMB393 chip
(0x197b:0x0325)), i was able to see all four drives without any issue
(with the FreeBSD ahci driver of course).

Best regards,

Tony