Re: sil3132 eSATA problem

On 2/16/2012 1:58 AM, Robert Hancock wrote:
Looking at the output a bit more closely, it seems a bit strange. The controller is reporting failures to send a command FIS, and also supposedly seeing uncorrectable errors from the drive. You could try a later kernel but I suspect this may be some kind of hardware issue. Maybe some kind of SATA cable problem?
You might be true, since it is reporting on all the drives.
I will replace the cable, and report back.
Btw, I need to check why but it looks as if an add on PCI ethernet card is having some IRQ issues.
The server freezes for 4 seconds and works for 10 more, and so on.
Unloading the module makes the problem go away.
But maybe there is other problem at the bus.
I wanted to make sure there is nothing too obvious from the software side before going on site to check.

Thanks in advance
Sebastian