Re: Soft-reset on a FIS-Based-Switching AHCI interface

On 09/12/2011 10:02 AM, Richard Crewe wrote:
The AHCI spec. seems to indicate that a soft-reset can only be performed
if FBS is disabled.

Can you cite section numbers / specific references for this?

Looking at the LibATA and LibAHCI code at the moment, I can't see where
this is done. The soft-reset happens during error recovery when the port
re-enumerates devices.

Am I missing something or is this a _relatively_ less-well tested area
of the LibATA/AHCI operation?

I cannot see where FBS is disabled for soft-reset, either.

FBS is pretty new, hasn't changed much at all since its initial implementation on an AMD reference board, and is (obviously) only used with PMPs. FBS is a pretty small subset of the total AHCI population, so I doubt the code is exercised heavily except for a very few, large storage installations.

	Jeff