Suppressing ATA errors on boot

Hi,

I'm using kernel 2.6.35.13-91 (it's Fedora 14) on a Dell R410 server.  On each boot, I see a few messages like:

ata2.00: failed to resume link (SControl 0)
ata4: failed to resume link (SControl 0)
ata4: SATA link down (SStatus 4 SControl 0)
ata1.01: failed to resume link (SControl 0)

These messages happen right before the splash screen (Plymouth) comes up and so are visible to users during the boot.  It seems to be harmless, as there is only one SATA device plugged in (a DVD reader), and it's on ata3.  There is nothing on the other ata ports, and they are set to "off" in the BIOS in any event.

I've been asked to look for a way to avoid those messages on boot as some users might become concerned and think there is a problem when there isn't.

Is there some way to tell libata that those ports shouldn't even be probed?  Alternately, is there a way to selectively prevent those messages from being logged (without affecting the logging for the rest of the boot)?  Or perhaps a third solution?

Thanks very much!

David