Re: IO_PAGE_FAULT from SATA card during boot

On 02/17/2011 03:40 AM, Chris Webb wrote:
Chris Webb<chris.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  writes:

Robert Hancock<hancockrwd@xxxxxxxxx>  writes:

Did you try different chipsets? The two sets of output you posted are
both from Marvell 88SE9123-based cards.

Oh, I may have been a muppet here then. I assumed the HPT cards would be a
different chipset. I'll find something completely different!

A SIL-based AHCI controller card turns out to work fine in the same setup,
so it does look like a problem specific to Marvell 88SE9123-based cards.

That would tend to indicate some kind of issue with that particular chip. Does anyone have any contacts at Marvell that could look into this?

Also wonder if we could quirk this in the kernel somehow so that IOMMUs wouldn't freak out..