Re: Question regarding PORT_IRQ_BAD_PMP (Re: AHCI support Port Multiplier problem.)

2011/2/15 Tejun Heo <tj@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello,
> (please always reply-to-all)
I'm sorry about that. I was not subscribed to linux-ide, and replied by gmane.

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 07:48:18AM +0000, Mac Lin wrote:
>> It seems that the PORT_IRQ_BAD_PMP is not getting cleared, or, asserted every
>> time when it "received a FIS from a device that did not have a command
>> outstanding", which is the D2H FIS of softreset.
>>
>> The sb600, which I assume the code work correctly, seems doesn't have this
>> problem. So I am wondering that whether is this the right behavior on cns3xxx,
>> or  and just another issue of the chip?
>
> You're already working around buggy hardware.  It isn't surprising
> that both behave incorrectly in their own separate ways.  Just do
> what's necessary to get the hardware working as long as the workaround
> is localized to the specific controller.
If I implement it as a quirk, would you prefer to add a new field
quirk, or just use flags of ahci_host_priv and add a new AHCI_HFLAG*?
I prefer the later, but afraid that it's not what it is for.

Best Regards,
Mac Lin