Re: [Patch] Enable AHCI on certain ich chipsets

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 01:09:37PM +0100, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

> > The second part just makes sure that the config space change is
> > kept after a resume. Otherwise it comes up as a different PCI
> > id, the AHCI driver finds nothing to work with, the harddisk is
> > gone after resume, not good.
>
> Shouldn't therefore the quirk be applied also during resume (by
> additional use of DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_RESUME_EARLY in addition to
> existing DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY one)?

I have considered that, but just not touching the config space
for having the desired effect seems easier to me.

Actually this is a reason why I am looking for feedback from
other people with the chipsets listed in the patch. Is it only my
system for keeps pci config during suspend/resume or does it work
for others, too?
On the other hand, if I understand Sergei correctly, it could be
a more general effect with it, which is why I'd also appreciated
some review from an architectural perspective.

If not, DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_RESUME_EARLY is fine with me. My main
objective is to use the ahci driver, and I hope others like to do
so as well.

Bye,

Joerg