Re: CF Card Adapter White List Candidate

Robert, yes, the IDE socket missing pin was # 20, the Key needed for 80-conductor IDE cables, as you stated below.  I had to take the adapter out so I carefully looked at it and compared it to a photograph on a pin-out Internet site.

I also looked at an enlarged photo of the laptop CF card adapter pictured in URL03, and counted 44 pins - at least counting from the bottom of the socket.

I notice that the dmesg output in my Wednesday, January 5, 2011 11:33 PM email to you guys has been removed from you response below.  I realize that you need to keep emails shorter than those that I write, but I think that the dmesg demonstrates that my particular CF card adapter is indeed capable of being forced (libata.force=80c) to UDMA/66 even though it is not (economically) feasible to insert a 80-wire IDE cable between the CF card adapter and the IDE socket on a desktop computer's motherboard.

Robert, again thank you for helping me, and I hope that I may have contributed at least a little bit of useful information.

Tom