Marvel PMP SATA controller

Morning all,

Using the Marvel Port Multiplier I am stuck trying to get it working with some Hard drives.. I am stuck trying to figure out how to write the command to the SCR register on the device as there seems to be multiple methods used in the code I dont understand.

the procedure I need to follow is - Init_SATA, classify_device, if (special PMP) set mode to SATA-GEN1, then only can it continue.

using a ata_taskfile this early in the init causes a major explosion so my next option is to use writel/b() to the SCR registers.. this is the piece I dont understand is how the bytes are structured in the writel command. I need to write 0xe80211 (Write value 0x11 to position 2) to force the chip to go in to Gen1 mode so that it can work with some older Maxtor Hard drives

Is there any HOWTO on the structure of the commands (target,port,c,h,s etc etc)

Thanks in Advance
Richard