On SoC SATA controller driver implementation!!!

Hi All,

I am implementing  a SATA driver for my SATA controller which is part of SoC.
I had seen a generic AHCI controller driver in .35 (ahci_platform.c)
which is used by SATA controllers part of the SoC and interacting to
local bus.

My doubts is:
1. Can i make use of above framework to implement my own controller
driver? I know that i have to take care of the "init", "exit" and
power management routines specific to my controller. Will this work?
OR do i need to take care of any other additional considerations while
implementing?

I would like to see a reference drivers code which uses the platform
AHCI controller driver(ahci_platform.c). Can anyone point me to the
sources.
My aim is to leverage already existing code as much as possible to
make my controller works better.

Please provide me any suggestions.

--
Regards,