Re: Can you guys please take a look at bko#16434?

On 10-07-24 04:47 AM, Tejun Heo wrote:
Hello,

It looks like sata_mv triggers BUG_ON() when a command it doesn't know
about is issued and discard support makes it happen.  Can you guys
take a look?  And please update it such that it doesn't trigger
BUG_ON() only because an unknown command is issued.  That's way too
dangerous.  If void return from qc_prep is a problem, just move the
whole qc_prep into qc_issue, the distinction is pretty arbitrary
anyway.
..

I've been away on holiday for the past few weeks,
but I did make a note on the bugzilla entry for this
that there were two problems to be addressed.

Now that I'm back in the office, I'll have a look at this later
in the week, and see about getting TRIM working with sata_mv,
if possible.

Cheers