Re: ata, pcmcia: problem with irq and ata_dev_read_id()

Hello,

On 07/26/2010 02:59 PM, Heiko Schocher wrote:
> Hmm.. I am not sure if "leaving things as it is" is the better way,
> because this behaviour comes every time, I insert a card! And with
> my patch I can prevent this behaviour ...

Yes, it fixes the behavior which comes every time in your
configuration but it might at the same time break other configurations
which are more common.  ATA probing is a painful thing and we had
pretty good reasons to turn on TFLAG_POLLING for IDENTIFY by default.

The only side effect your configuration is going to have is IRQ
polling kicking in for short period of time after device insertion.
Please also note that the device can't be quirked as it's before its
identity is known.  So, yeah, I think it is better to leave things as
is as long as IRQ flakiness can be handled in acceptable manner which
we need to do anyway.

Thanks.

--
tejun