Re: NCQ high speed data integrity issues

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Dan Porat <dan.porat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am running into data integrity issues while running sgp_dd ver 1.20
> against any sg device while running 31 threads.
> kernel 2.6.28 Ubuntu.
> When running it in slow speed (20 MB/s) all runs well.
> When pushing it towards the 50MB/s , Data integrity issues appear.

How are you varying the speed?

> When running it against sd devices - no integrity issues , but bpt is
> not determined and changes .

Hrm? bpt is a parameter. What do you mean?

I don't know offhand why sg vs sd would make a difference but it's
obviously of interest.

> Any idea how to fix the sg data integrity issues?

Can you post Good vs Bad data?
Knowing the offset, size, and type of corruption will help narrow down
possible sources of corruption.

Any errors reported by the device driver, memory controller, sg device?

cheers,
grant