Re: possible ATA hang in 2.6.32-rc6

Tejun Heo wrote:
Hello, Marty.

Marty wrote:
I got two hard hangs in 2.6.32-rc5 and rc6 in an Asrock A780GXE/128M
with AMD 780G+SB700 chipsets, resulting in no response to magic alt-sysreq.
The first hang left no log clues.  The second was closely but not
immediately preceeded by syslog ATA error messages (see excerpt).
The ata error messages indicate transmission problems.  The fact that

they're pretty close to each other is interesting and seems to point
to hardware problem (most likely power fluctuation).

Thanks for the reply.  I think you are right about power. Subsequent
hangs seem to indicate a problem with the mains.  In the last hang,
the (offline) UPS briefly switched to battery, and another system has
had the same problem.