Re: Can't burn CDs/DVDs

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 11:07:38 -0600
Robert Hancock <hancockrwd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ugh.. this sort of thing being a reason to try libata instead :-) In the
> long term that would likely be best as the IDE drivers are no longer
> very widely used and are less maintained.

And off I go compile a kernel ;)

> It's not clear what command it's complaining about that has failed.
> First it says that test unit ready succeeded, then it says that the
> drive reported a "medium not present" error. Is there any way to enable
> any more debugging in cdrecord? If you retry the burning attempt does
> the same thing happen?

Yes, it always does the same thing. I tried another DVD/CD-RW drive just in case. It doesn't work properly either, but it goes a bit further and starts burning the CD-R and the ripping process dies at between 12-14%. On Windows with this drive the burning process goes to the end. Probably switching to libata will fix it.

Thanks for your help.

C.

--
PGP: 0xC189F229