Re: CF to SATA bridge support

Mark Lord wrote:
..
Those errors are on WRITEs, not READs, so no surprise that "hdparm -t" works.
This could be an IORDY issue, or just due to how the the Marvell chips
are buggy when doing PIO of more than a single sector.  That was the only
errata we didn't do a complete workaround for, because it's so ugly.  :)

I have a CF-to-SATA adapter due to arrive here from DealExtreme.com in the next week or so. Remind me, and I'll try it out on some of the Marvell cards here and see what happens.
..

Okay. I don't actually have any of the system-on-chip (SoC) Marvell devices
like the one you are using there.  But they say that the SATA core on
the SoC is a Gen-IIe core, same as on the 7042 PCIe chipset.

So, I've plugged my UDMA-capable CF card into the CF-to-SATA adapter
and hotplugged that into a port on the 7042.

It works fine, reading/writing in UDMA mode 5.
Things also appear to be good with a Hitachi microdrive in PIO mode 3.

The CF-to-SATA adaptor I am using is this one:

Nice little device, compact, notebook compatible, and Fast!
..

I just now remembered that you were trying with an old Lexar CF card.
Well, I have an even older one :) here:  16MB.

Plugged that one into it, and libata selected PIO3 for it.
hdparm thinks it really is no better than PIO2 at best.

It works, reading and writing.

Cheers