Re: Marvell 6121 AHCI: hotplug not reliable?

On 14/08/09 11:30, Tejun Heo wrote:
> Link status doesn't have much to do with drive spin up.  It looks like
> the PHY on the host side just went out for lunch and only controller
> wide reset brings it back.  Can you please try the followings after
> the failure occurred?

I'll try this, but it might take me a while before I report back: I get
this problem only once every two weeks or so (It's hotplugged daily)

> 1. echo - - - > /sys/class/scsi_host/hostN/scan

OK

> 2. unplug and replug the signal while leaving the drive powered up

I'm assuming you mean leave the power plugged in, but yank and replug
the SATA cable? Might be a bit tricky considering I'd need to open it up
(the tray combines power and SATA), and it's in a remote location.

Thank you for your suggestions, I'll report back on the next failure.

-- Mourad