Question regarding FUA state

What is the current state of fua ?

While peeking over older (mainly 2007ish) threads, there was some discussion about it - whenever it should or shouldn't be enabled by default, automatic blacklisting for certain controllers (some SiI 3xxx, others ...).

http://marc.info/?l=git-commits-head&m=114110310308542&w=2
http://marc.info/?t=117125096400001&r=2&w=2
http://marc.info/?t=117193493900004&r=1&w=2
http://marc.info/?t=118243369000005&r=1&w=2

Current state is "disabled by default", but simple libata module parameter can enable it. How safe is that these days, and if enabled, will problematic chipsets be blacklisted automtically ? (I didn't find anything in the sources suggesting it happens, but I didn't look too thoroughly either).

How do the following chipsets handle it:

- ICH8R and newer ones
- ATI's SB700/SB800 ones
- JMB36x
- which (if any) SiI chipsets are ok