Re: porting IDE patches to PATA driver

> you are right. I'm working with multiple sources from different sites
> and missed the fact the original driver ide-jasper.c published at
> uclinux.org has BMDMA undefined. Dmegs output was produced using a
> slightly modified version of the file that has BMDMA defined, but
> there are no other changes in it that would explain unexpected DMA
> interrupt mystery, it should be one of the patches done to ide and
> cdrom subsystem.

Still odd as it never sets the timings for anything but UDMA mode. I
guess it could be that the hardware snoops for MWDMA and PIO modes

> Here is an updated patch, could you please check it? I don't see
> anything unusual except the "never disable DMA" logic in ide_dma.c.

Which itself appears to be ignored !

The only other thing I can see is the way it hangs around waiting a bit
for the DMA to finish after the DMA completion event occurs - that might
be your problem if they goofed and reported DMA complete too early.

Hard to tell as the original vendor driver is such a mess.