Re[2]: porting IDE patches to PATA driver

Friday, June 26, 2009, 6:21:43 PM, Alan wrote:

> The source you posted has MWDMA undefined which makes me
> wonder if it matches the binary your dmesg is from.

> It's also possible some of the other fixes in that code are relevant to MWDMA - certainly
> your driver looks sane.

you are right. I'm working with multiple sources from different sites
and missed the fact the original driver ide-jasper.c published at
uclinux.org has BMDMA undefined. Dmegs output was produced using a
slightly modified version of the file that has BMDMA defined, but
there are no other changes in it that would explain unexpected DMA
interrupt mystery, it should be one of the patches done to ide and
cdrom subsystem.

Here is an updated patch, could you please check it? I don't see
anything unusual except the "never disable DMA" logic in ide_dma.c.

--
Best regards,
 Andrei                            mailto:andrei.martynov@xxxxxx