Re: Problems with >3 drives on an eSATA portmultiplier

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009, Justin Fletcher wrote:

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Tejun Heo wrote:

Grant Grundler wrote:
I could drop down to 2.6.26 and rebuild my kernel with support for that
controller - I hadn't done this before because I cannot then use my DVB-S
card, but... I could live without that for the test.

If someone could comment on  2.6.28 or 2.6.29, you could avoid running
this test.

Hmmm... I don't really remember changing much, so it should be fine.
Can you please give a shot at 2.6.26 anyway?  Also, kernel logs with
JMB controller would be helpful too as ahci tends to better show what's
really going on and failing during reset.

For future reference if anyone else sees similar issues with their systems... I have replaced the bridge board with another and the problem has gone away - all 5 drives are accessible and I have no issues.

Thanks for the help, and sorry to have wasted your time.

--
Gerph <http://gerph.org/>
[ All information, speculation, opinion or data within, or attached to,