Re: unexpected downspeed of AHCI controller on Intel Seaburg 5400

starlight@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Is it possible for the BIOS to tell the chip to not negogiate
> above 1.5 Gbps?  I'm wondering if HP might have done this to
> prevent the bug below from happening.  If so it would be
> nice for the driver to put it back to 3 Gbps.

The standard way to put that limit is to use SControl but it isn't doing
that, as far as ahci is concerned, it's free to negotiate any speed but
is negotiating 1.5Gbps.  Maybe they capped using some hidden register to
workaround the erratum.  At any rate, it doesn't really matter unless
you're gonna hang multiple devices to a single port using PMP.

Thanks.

--
tejun