Re: FW: ICH10R PMP support

Mark Lord wrote:
Tejun Heo wrote:
Mark Lord wrote:
Tejun Heo wrote:
Mark Lord wrote:
..
The 7042 is the best of the Marvell chips, for Linux.
How high does it go bandwidth-wise?
..

The limiting factor will be the bus width of the card
and the slot into which it is plugged, I suspect.
..

Note that this has yet to be confirmed in practice,
though I don't know if anyone has really tried hard yet.

I recently read a very nice review of the 7042 on a Sonnet card in a Mac and they were pulling over 700MB/s using SIL port multipliers in a 4 lane slot. They managed over 1GB/s with 20 drives across 2 of the cards! I've heard some unkind things about the SIL cards bandwidth, but these Marvell jobbies look very nice.

http://www.amug.org/amug-web/html/amug/reviews/articles/sonnet/mac-pro/

I've half a mind to order a couple of these and some PM's to play with. Shame the only PM's I can seem to find that do what I want are $85 each from addonics (I need 5 of them)

Brad