Re: Port Multiplier drives not always all found on cold plug

Tejun Heo wrote:

I've been studying things for last two days and discovered a number of things. I'll soon post patch series. Thanks a lot for digging into PMP stuff. It's great to have someone else's eyes on this stuff.
..

Yeah.  It really does help when two or more people totally independently
implement a driver on top of something like that.  For the most part,
this stuff seems to be working rather well, though.  Good job!

Gwendal has been complaining to me about undetected drives on PMP
with sata_mv.  My patchset to fix much of that will be posted here shortly.

But apparently, even with those fixes, he *still* has troubles,
though not as bad as before.  I'm trying to get a nice annotated trace
from him so we can debug that further -- could be due to some of the
stuff you are looking at too, I suppose.

Cheers

Mark