Re: libata-eh/pmp command sequence on NCQ media error

Tejun Heo wrote:
Mark Lord wrote:
..
Mmm.. gotta figure out a way to mark the port for RESET,
without having that action taint the commands already analyzed.

I suppose I'll have to just clone some code from libata-eh to
do the READ_LOG_EXT and then qc_complete() those commands
before continuing.  Or something.

The usual way to handle this is to clear the controller state (not the PHY) from ->error_handler() before calling the generic error_handler. Many drivers do similar things - ahci restarts the engine, sil24 calls sil24_init_port() and so on. Does mv need PHY reset to get it working again?
..

Heh.. the thoughtful chip designers didn't include an engine-only reset mechanism.
If we reset the engine, it resets the PHY.  That's the whole problem here.
Things would be so much simpler if it did the simple thing..  :)

Cheers