Re: "ata73" == "sd 72" ?

Mikael Pettersson wrote:
Jeff Garzik writes:
 > Mark Lord wrote:
 > > While working on sata_mv today, I noticed something weird in the syslog.
 > > The messages from libata show "ata73" for the port with my drives (pmp),
 > > but the messages from SCSI (sd) show "sd 72" for those same drives.
 > > not be off by one.  I wonder why they differ (or why they are
 > > almost the same) ?
> > Just historical reasons, one counts from zero and the other does not...

Could this possibly be changed, please? I've noticed this
discrepancy myself and it really is confusing.

Maybe the mapping exists in sysfs, but navigating sysfs is
an absolute nightmare IMO so I wouldn't know how to find it.

I hope it could be changed too but it can also irritate a lot of people. :-(

--
tejun