RE: Unknown SATA PIIX PCI device ID 0x29b6

>Gaston, Jason D wrote:
>> If you disable the IDE Redirection in BIOS on that system, the 0x29b6
>> controller should not appear.  If you are not using this, it would be
>> interesting to see if this effects what you are seeing.
>

>I think its fair to say that a certain amount of Linux users will
>inevitably have this option enabled in their BIOS.  We should have a
>plan to deal with this sanely...?
>
>	Jeff

I was able to add the IDER Contoller DeviceID to ata_generic.c and it
seemed to work fine.  I was also able to add it to ata_piix.c as a SATA
Controler and it seemed to work ok as well.  However, when I tried to
add it to ata_piix.c as a PATA Controller if failed cable detection.  I
guess this would be expected as it is a Virtual IDE contoller.

Where is the correct place to add support for IDE Redirection
Contollers?

Thanks,

Jason