RE: About forcing 32bit DMA patch for AMD690G(SB600)

Hi Jeff:

Do you have any suggestion on my plan to withdraw Tejun's forcing 32 bit
DMA patch?
As well as further validation to the 64 bit DMA capacity of SB600 SATA
controller?

Thanks
Best Regards
Shane

RS690
> MSI in kernel 2.6.24-rc7.
>

> Thanks
>
> Best Regards
> Shane

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commi
t;h=c7a42156d99bcea7f8173ba7a6034bbaa2ecb77c

> This patch was submitted by Tejun to fix one issue on your platform:
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-ide&m=117810966106759&w=2
>
> But after a discussion with our hardware engineers, Tejun(the patch
author),
> and some debugging, we believe that that SB600 can support 64 bit DMA,
> the root cause should be something else, while disablement to RS690
MSI

-