Re: [CALL-FOR-HELP] pata_ali: can't get MWDMA working!

> trying to fix it for some time now && finally got a machine with
> pata_ali and non-working MWDMA2 ATAPI device on my desk a few weeks ago.

Oh good. I've been through a pile of ones that just work.

Which North and south does it have and what revision ?

> I walked through IDE and libata codes and found some differences in the
> order registers are accessed and which values are written (e.g. libata
> never turns on device 0/1 DMA capable bits in BMDMA status register
> while IDE does).  I made them access the registers in the same order and
> write the same values.  Still no go.

Tried that.

> Then, I made libata probing sequence very close to IDE such that no
> reset is performed and NIEN isn't tempered with.  No go.

Ditto, and removing the taskfile writing optimisations

> So, I'm out of ideas at this point.  Any suggestions?  Ideas?

Short of doing a printk of each access to the PCI and I/O space and
comparing them no. I ran out of ideas as well. I guess some kind of weird
chance alignment bug but who knows, and the docs I have don't explain it.

Alan
-