Re: question about SATA vs (SATA via USB)

Hi Tejun,

Tejun Heo wrote:
Harri wrote:
Next I mounted (rw, shame on me) the old SATA disk via USB
to the PC, and tried to copy the data. But during the copy
there were some syslog messages about file system corruptions
on the old disk. I stopped rsync, unmounted the disk,
and ran fsck, but it was damaged beyond repair. No chance
to recover any data.

Hmmm... interesting.  That isn't supposed to happen.  Do you have kernel
logs saved?

Sorry, but the logs have been lost. The new 500 GB disk had
an I/O error and had to be replaced. I doubt that this I/O
error was the reason for corrupting the filesystem on the
other disk, but there is no way to be sure, afaics.

I would suggest to ignore this problem for now.

Regards

Harri

-