Re: linux-ata.org contributions

Tejun Heo wrote:
Jeff Garzik wrote:
I wouldn't push it out unless it looked OK in my browser.

But overall I tend to dislike wikis.  They enable collaboration, but
tend to be uniformly ugly, cumbersome, and CPU intensive.

Besides collaboration, one thing I like about wikis is that updating the
page is an one-step process.  You can just go there and edit things
directly and pages are updated and history is recorded immediately.
Compared to normal web pages where you have to go through one or a few
iterations of edit -> view -> check in if you wanna -> upload / send
pages, it's just more efficient.

Well, I also dislike editing html pages directly and pages generated by
openoffice is ugly.

So, my preference is a wiki.  I don't care which wiki it is as long as I
can edit and view it directly.

So noted, it sounds like a wiki it greatly preferred by all involved. I'll look around for one I like.

Expect no action until Nov 16 at the earliest, of course...

	Jeff

-