AW: AW: Possible NCQ problem with Seagate ST3250620NS/nForce 4

Hi Jens
I just noticed, that my problem wasn't fixed by the new psu but by the blacklist entry in libata in my currently installed kernel 2.6.23.
I guess besides me a few other people reported the freeze with the Samsung HD401LJ and therefore they added my drive to the blacklist,
of course now my machine doesn't lock up anymore:-)

Darn, did I fell for this one:-)

>Hi Kuckuck,

>sorry for the late reply, but I have been on the road the last few
 days.

>> Someone from the list mentioned that a bad/weak PSU may be
 responsible
>> for the trouble. It was hard for me to believe that this was the
 case,
>> since my system only uses 130W at full load and my former 350W PSU
 had
>> 170W output power.

>I am also using very high quality compontents. ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

I gut the A8N-E, great Board.
So just use the sata_nv.adma=0 switch right now to disable ncq and wait for the drive to be blacklisted
which will eventually happen if some more people got the problem.

       __________________________________  Ihre erste Baustelle? Wissenswertes für Bastler und Hobby Handwerker. www.yahoo.de/clever
-