Re: SATA_SIL

> Is this a problem SUSE introduced, you forgot to take legacy into
> account or is it a "feature".
> Is this problem adjusted in 2.6.24-rc1?

You don't provide enough information to guess.

If you are using the OpenSuSE kernel then please report this to SuSE
first (and include an lspci -vvxxx from a working run, dmesg and if
possible the relevant ata messages from the new kernel). I don't know if
the SuSE driver is the base one but if it is then they may have ideas and
if not point you back here.

If its a kernel built from the kernel.org sources then do the same but
put it in bugzilla.kernel.org and/or send the relevant bits to the
mailing list.

A useful tip if you can't get the messages on the failing case is to open
a bugzilla report and use the attach file option to attach a digital
camera photo of the screen when it fails. (Please don't email photos to
the list)

Alan
-