Re: AHCI with ATA/IDE Drives

Hello All,
    Thanks for your replies. If we see the dump, you will observe that
the NAND flash supports the MDMA2 but the driver does not set it but
goes in for PIO4. On looking at the ata_port_info  structure populated
in case of 3100 SATA controller chipset namely the first entry, the
mwdma mask is not initialized causing the driver to skip the same and
go in for PIO modes. When I did add the MDMA mask, everything fell in
place and I was able to access the flash devices.
     Can you please let me know if there is any specific reason as to
why the mdma masks are not added in the ata_port_info initialisations.

Regards,
Girish

-