Re: FW: LIBATA issue with SATA drive

Tejun Heo wrote:
Hello,

Torsten Kaiser wrote:
The symptom seems very similar to yours but the kernel is 2.6.22 which
doesn't have the SG change which you found out to be broken.  Can you
update us on how the testing of patched kernel went?

Sorry I didn't realize that you where still waiting for a 'confirm
good'. I intended only to mail, if I got the error again, as the debug
output about SGE_TRM confirmed, that this fix changes the behavior of
sata_sil24 and there was no really 200% sure method of detecting that
this bug was gone.

Anyway, after fixing ata_sg_is_last() by adding the +1 I did not had a
single failure.

I'm currently using 2.6.23-mm1 and 16 boots where all good.
(Apart from the unrelated failure with sata_nv and swncq...)

I see, a different issue then. It's just weird to see similar issues popping up now after allterm the time sata_sil24 has been around.

What kernel version are we talking about? If it includes sg-chaining via a git tree somewhere, sata_sil24 has a bug that was just fixed (by removing ata_sg_is_last).

	Jeff

-