Re: smartd causing SATA timeouts on sleeping drives

Tejun,

Hmm, it sounds as if smartmontools should send a SRST to spin up the drive, but I do not know enough to be sure.

Could I add you to the developers list and give you CVS write access? This might make it easier for you to fix the various little smartmontools problems like this that keep cropping up! Just fixing the code might be a lot faster than explaining it and sending patches...

If this is OK with you, please send me your sourceforge username, and I'll add you to the developers list.

Cheers,
	Bruce