Re: ATAPI tape drives broken with libata

Alan Cox wrote:
I can read and write the tape successfully, and the written data matches
what is later read back from it.

Here's the hack I used.  Not ready for mainline, but perhaps it will
help Alan or whomever come up with something nice for Jeff.

Its possible we should just scream and shout but for robustness and
paranoia I just added ATA_HORKAGE_DRQ and skip the error setup in the
case that HORKAGE_DRQ is set.

Just need the identify data now..

I duspect it's *all* ATAPI tape units.  Mine (Conner) is quite a bit older
than the other (Seagate) one that began this thread.  And ide-tape has no
problem with either drive.  Perhaps a whitelist rather than a blacklist here.

Meanwhile, my old Conner tape unit is several hundred miles away from me at present.

Cheers
-