Re: ATAPI tape drives broken with libata

Alan Cox wrote:
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:11:39 -0400
Chuck Ebbert <cebbert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 08/29/2007 07:50 PM, Alan Cox wrote:
Device Ready, Seek Complete, Data Request, Error

DRQ and Error together is a bit odd to say the least

It then commits suicide and falls off the bus. That may be due to the
fact we use SRST on ATAPI device errors still rather than trying an ATAPI
reset first. Shouldn't matter though.

Since you are the lucky owner of the object in question can you dump the
contents of the packet command going to the device when this occurs ?

I don't have it, it's a Fedora user. Maybe I should ask Mark Lord if he'll
send me the one he has.

IAC how do I dump the packet? Use ata_scsi_dump_cdb()?

Yep - if the command issued is a packet command the cdb is 12-16 bytes of
SCSI command block.

More or less the same behaviour is observed here with the Conner ATAPI tape unit
that I (still!) have on the shelf.

I'll see about instrumenting things for more info.  It really sucks as is, though!  :)

Cheers
-