Re: CF as IDE on ICH6M using libata

On 03/09/07, Tejun Heo <htejun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Eddie Hung wrote:
> > I am pursuing another possibility: the CF card is not a genuine
> > Sandisk one at all, especially as it was off eBay! I compared my
> > hdparm -I with the one in the thread above (which as I've found out is
> > a Sandisk Extreme II 4GB) and there are big differences, namely the
> > model number, serial number and firmware version.
> >
> > This might explain everything!
>
> We still need to fix your device.  :-)

Haha.. well if the CF card is cheap knockoff which doesn't support
MDMA (or does it extremely, extremely badly) then we have our culprit!

I am beginning to be more and more inclined to think that it's a fake
(the packaging and presentation was the genuine deal, though!) - and
I'm in touch with Sandisk to confirm. I've not found that much
information on the Internet - but one particularly interesting post is
that another user had bought a Kingston card off ebay, and his -I is
very similar to mine. For the record:

Kingston Elite Pro 45x (possibly fake):
ATA device, with non-removable media
Model Number: SMI MODEL
Serial Number: AS 0055FA00
Firmware Revision: 20070131

Source; http://1src.com/forums/showpost.php?p=993663&postcount=655

Don't forget my device works just fine with the original HDD, though!

Eddie
-