Re: Resets on sil3124 & sil3726 PMP

On Aug 21, 2007, at 9:03 PM, Tejun Heo wrote:

Rusty Conover wrote:
Hi Tejun,

Just as some further testing and poking I added the drives to the list
of disks to disable NCQ for, it didn't resolve the issue.

I increased the PMP timeout to 1000 rather then 250 and that didn't
resolve the problem either.

The interface still has timeout errors writing the ext3 fs.

Can you just put one harddisk into one of the PMP slots and test it?
Does it still suffer timeouts?

--
tejun

Hi Tejun,

Putting just one hard disk into the PMP slots, works great all by itself. I created an ext3 fs on it, used dd to dump lots of data to it, no problems in all of my testing.

One hard disk in a PMP slot and another hard disk in a native slot on a different SATA port work great together.

Two hard disks in the same PMP slot range (slots 1-2), timeout right away.

Could it be a problem with timing the PMP requests?

I've tested this on a second separate machine and I'm seeing the same timeout errors.

Thanks,

Rusty
-