Re: booting from MD raid using libata

Tejun Heo wrote:
Ethan Sommer wrote:
I've been trying to diagnose a problem we've been having for a few days
and I think I've found the problem. (I'm hoping you might have the
solution.)

I have a system which has a intel 965 MB and a couple SIL based SATA
cards one of which is hooked up to a few PMPs.

If I try to boot the system normally after installing the libata-tj
patch, it can't find the root partition because MD can't find any raid
devices because the kernel hasn't detected the SATA partitions yet.

Do you load sd before or after md?

How would I affect that?

I've since tried installing linux without using raid for the system disks, and it still doesn't detect the partitions for the sata drives before trying to mount the root partition when using the libata-tj patch against 2.6.22.1

Ethan

-