Re: Possible data corruption sata_sil24?

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 04:34:06PM +0900, Tejun Heo wrote:

> > It fails whether I use a raw /dev/sdd or partition it into one large
> > /dev/sdd1, or partition into multiple partitions.  sata_sil24 seems to
> > work by itself, as does dm, but as soon as I mix sata_sil24+dm, I get
> > corruption.
>
> Hmmmm.... Can you reproduce the corruption by accessing both devices
> simultaneously without using dm?  Considering ich5 does fine, it looks
> like hardware and/or driver problem and I really wanna rule out dm.

I think I wasn't clear enough before.  The corruption happens when I
use dm to create two dm mappings that both reside on the same real
device.  Using two different devices, or two different partitions on
the same physical device works properly.  ich5 does fine with these 3
tests, but sata_sil24 fails:

 * /dev/sdd, create 2 dm linear mappings on it, mke2fs and use those
   dm "devices" == corruption

 * Partition /dev/sdd into /dev/sdd1 and /dev/sdd2, mke2fs and use
   those partitions == no corruption

 * Partition /dev/sdd into /dev/sdd1 and /dev/sdd2, create 2 dm linear
   mappings on /dev/sdd1, mke2fs and use those dm "devices" ==
   corruption

David
-