Re: libata interface fatal error

Hi Tejun,

Yeah, things like these are tricky.  SATA is usually the first one to
suffer from hardware defect including power fluctuation due to input
power, PSU or on-board voltage regulator problems because the link is
relatively long and runs at very high speed.  I also heard that SATA
cables should have been made more resistant to interference but I'm no
expert in that area.

me neither. I first thought of a driver issue, because the machine just ran fine and started to have mysterious effects some weeks later...

It's interesting to see how it got solved.  Thanks for another data
point to blame hardware when I don't have a clue.  :-)

Hehe, you're welcome. ;-)

Thanks for all your efforts, I really appreciate them!

Florian

-