Re: System freezes with kernel >2.6.19 - sata_nv [added crash info kern 2.6.21.1]

Stefan wrote:
First thing you should try is replacing the SATA cable to that drive.
Yeap, please apply some hardware debugging techniques - replacing /
reseating SATA cables and connecting it to different power connector.
But it's disturbing to see machine lock up even if CRC error occurs.
sata_nv non-adma interface locks the whole machine up too after certain
error conditions but I thought adma was saner than that.  I hope we can
work around this somehow.

Thanks.

I have just replaced the cables with brand new ones, still no change the
machine freezes ~10min after boot.
Sometimes I even have to completely power down the machine to be able to
boot again.

Power problems would be another possibility..

--
Robert Hancock      Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx