sata sil driver...

Hello I'm trying to get  an array of drives to work with the following
configuration:

7 SEAGATE 750GB ST3750640AS SATA300 16MB drives
2 4 drive hot swap SATA II Drive Bays
2 Silicon Image 3114 4 port SATA controllers w/ BIOS Ver 5.4.03 (not RAID
BIOS)

System:  ASUS A7N8X with an AMD 2800+ and 1gb ram.

a Debian Linux System with kernal 2.6.20.4
with the SATA_Sil driver compiled as a module.

------

Symptoms:  The system finds all the drives and everything appears to work
correctly, but when I partition and make a file system on the drive and
then copy files to the drive some of the files become corrupted in the
transfer process.  I have eliminated the drives from the issue by setting
them up on a different controller and testing them and they are fine.  Any
thoughts or recommendations?  I have tried everything I can think of, I'm
willing to test changes, anything to get this working reliably..

Thanks,
Geoff Kuchera

-