Re: Fwd: [LIBATA] drives not detected

Haha,

Well, I am not sure if they "work" as in, do the right thing.
I don't know if you had a chance to look at my dmesg-es but acording
to the legacy IDE drivers my both disks were 2048 Peta byte each, I
wish I had this kind of storage :P

Btw, I just bought myself 2 500GB sata disks, care for any tests to be
executed? Are there things in particulair you guys would like to have
tested?

Patrick

On 2/24/07, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Saturday 24 February 2007, Patrick Ale wrote:
> On 2/24/07, Tejun Heo <htejun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Patrick Ale wrote:
>

> > The upper one is 40c while the other one is 80c.
>
> No, they are all 80 , two of them came with the mainboard, the so
> called "green" connectors as gigabyte calls them, the other one was an
> 80c with blue connector.
>
> I dunno, I guess I should review my "spare" parts and see what's
> really useable from this pile of hardware I have here.
>
> But hey, one thing is for sure, and I think it's a positive thing.
> If libata sees problems or seems to have problems, you can be 99% sure
> there IS a problem, where the legacy drivers just act all happy and
> keep you thinking everything is peachy and all.

I'm really sorry that legacy drivers just work.  I will try harder. ;-)

The real problem is that while legacy drivers contain a ton of workarounds
and fixes for problems like that they often lacks the documentation about
it.

-