Re: Serious bug in sata_sil module in 2.6.19.2?

Hi there,

That definitely looks like libata error messages but can't tell anything
other than that from it.  It could be cause of system hang and the weird
screen or just another symptom of another problem.

Is it possible for you to connect a serial console or configure
netconsole (Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt) such that the
messages are preserved after such hang occurs?  Also, please turn on
PRINTK_TIME (Kernel Hacking -> Show timing information on printks) so
that we can tell what happens when.  To make the info more useful, you
can log into the machine from another machine and run something like
"while true; do sleep 1; date; done" on it such that you can tel exactly
when the machine went down.

thanks a lot for your feedback. It seems we solved the problem: it was the power supplying unit! We change some stuff (memory, cleaned the machine and so on), but after changing the power supplying unit, everything worked fine. So I guess the new kernel just had a little bit more power consumption than the previous one.

Thanks a lot for your kind help, and sorry for the false alert! :-)

Florian
-