Re: SATA PMP for 2.6.20

Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> I did it for 2.6.20-rc2:
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~robbat2/libata-development/
>
> The original message id with instructions is:
> <20061228113446.GI28939@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yeap, you're the one I was looking for.  :-)

> There are 5 sets of patches in total of Tejun's work, named the same as
> Tejun's branches:
> hp_poll
> vt8261_ahci
> link
> pmp_prep
> pmp
>
> I do have it in my git tree, so I should be able to rebase against
> 2.6.20 and export again.
>
> Is there an actual merge plan for this stuff, esp. the hp_poll and
> ata_link stuff?

Yes, there definitely is.  As you can probably tell from the git history
and posted patches, libata is still under great flux.  There are three
major changes - EH improvements (under review), new init model, and
sysfs support - I wanna get in before hp_poll and pmp stuff.  So, can't
exactly tell when but it's in foreseeable future, sorry about repeated
delays.

--
tejun
-