Re: sata_sis and SIS180 in combined mode

Hello Sven,

the sata_sis does not really supports PATA-ports.  The driver must be
modified.
A good solution would be to move the SiS180/964 support to pata_sis
because the PATA code is much longer then the SATA code.
Only some lines must be added to the pata_sis, to support  the SATA  ports.
But actually it does not work.
Because you are only using the PATA port, you can make a private
solution, move the PCI-ID 180 from  sata_sis.c  to  sis5513.c  or
pata_sis.c
dependend on the ide driver you want to use.

The SiS180 has no hardware RAID functionality, It is only a BIOS based
software raid. The SiS180 is a combined  SATA/PATA controller.

I will try a patch for this issue.

regards,
Uwe Koziolek

-