Re: sata_mv 7042 support and port multipliers

Robin H. Johnson wrote:
On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 01:22:24AM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
That's what I had to do. I have the docs, which cover the programming interface, but it doesn't cover a lot of the associated errata. I had to dig that out of the mvSata driver myself.

I had thought that Mark Lord was working on improving sata_mv, but outside of a locking bugfixes, I haven't seen anything since mid-May.

So I guess sata_mv is in limbo again...
Ok, since Mark says he doesn't have the 6081 anymore I guess if I want
this working at all, I get to write and maintain it myself :-).

Are those Marvell docs under some form of protection (NDA etc)? Can I
get a copy of them? There a few questions (around NCQ/PMP) that the
mvSata driver raises for me, and I think the docs would help there.

Yes, they're under NDA. If you have specific programming questions that deal directly with the functioning of the driver (i.e. imparting facts necessary for the operation of the open source driver), I can help out though.

	Jeff

-